Wednesday 9 December, 2009

Day Nine

I awoke to a large bang. I immediately jumped out of bed and raced to the briefing room. It was packed by the time I got there. The King was standing on the platform in front of everyone. He raised his hand for silence and said in a booming voice, “The enemy has broken through the northern defenses and are on their way her as we speak. I want this area secured right away. Could I please see squadron 75 after now. That is all.”

I went straight to the king afterwards. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be the best of news, but I had I had to go. My suspicions were confirmed when I was the only one there. We talked for ten minutes and in that time period I found out that everyone else had died in the raid yesterday. But it wasn’t all bad news, I had been put in charge of an elite group of ESP’s .It was our job to be the front line, first in, last out sort of stuff.

It was an hour until we first saw them. Clad in black armor, firing canons on our position. We had been ordered to take out the canons. We climbed until we each of us was above a canon. I counted down from three to launch the attack. We pounced on zero, taking out the canons swiftly. We had a problem on our hand, we had nowhere to go and we were surrounded by aliens. We formed a tight circle with to layers. The reason for this was some could rest while the others fought. It worked, we stood there fighting for three hours.

We finally got back at five in the afternoon. I had been relocated into a new room with my new squad. The moment my head hit my pillow I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment