Sunday 8 November, 2009

Day Two Part One

I woke up, I realised I hadn’t seen Grayson after he had gone scouting around the mountain. To my relief I saw him lying on the ground outside his tent door. I hadn’t seen Andrew since the crash but noticed his tent pitched on the edge of the camp. I ate a packet of nuts I had in my lunch box from the previous day. Slowly I slipped back into the darkness of my sleep. When I woke up it was close to eleven and I saw Andrew limping towards his tent. His leg was limp and lagging behind him. His head was larger than before and when I caught a glimpse of his face I saw a large tooth.

We went into the bush, just me, Andrew, Leon, Grayson and Josiah. We advanced at a reasonable pace. Soon we came across thick undergrowth and went in single file. Josiah and Grayson both pulled out machetes while I pulled out my axe for anything to hard. Our progress slowed and the vines seemed to be creeping closer. Expecting nothing no one really cared.

Then they struck. The green vine curled around me. I caught a glimpse of Andrew sticking onto Grayson’s leg with suckers that were on his arm and Josiah going into the canopy.

It didn’t take long to reach the top, but when we did we were in for a shock, at the top there was a gaping hole, which was opening and closing constantly, the vine pulled me up and dropped me into the hole. I couldn’t breathe and I felt the wall closing in pressing the small amount of air I had left out my lungs. Seconds later I blacked out to be rudely awaken by a knock on the ground. I caught my breathe, and wiped green slime which I assumed was saliva off me and bolted towards the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment